create masks of geographical regions¶
regionmask is a Python module that:
- contains a number of defined regions, including: countries (from Natural Earth), and regions used in the scientific literature (the Giorgi regions  and the SREX regions ).
- can plot figures of these regions (tutorial) with matplotlib and cartopy
- can be used to create masks of the regions for arbitrary longitude and latitude grids with numpy (tutorial) and xarray (tutorial)
- arbitrary regions can be defined easily (tutorial)
Please have a look at the tutorials.
- Create numpy region mask
- Create xarray region mask
- Multidimensional coordinates
- Create your own region
regionmask is published under a MIT license.